Everyone Deserves a Healthier Tomorrow
Kotra Pharma has earned the trust of many with its safe, high-quality wellness supplements and prescription medicine
Kotra Pharma Technology Centre, Melaka
From a small family business marketing traditional Chinese medicine some 38 years ago, Kotra Pharma has grown into a powerful force in pharmaceutical manufacturing and currently distributes to over 30 countries. With widespread brand awareness and well-earned trust in its products, the company has found its way into the homes of thousands of families.
Kotra Pharma settled its base of operations at the Cheng Industrial Estate in the City of Melaka, about 145 km south of Kuala Lumpur. The company launched a massive facilities expansion in 2010, investing over USD50 million in a modern manufacturing and research complex – the Kotra Pharma Technology Centre – which was fully operational by 2013. The facility was awarded the Industry Excellence Award in 2012 by the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA).
Today, Kotra Pharma products are distributed in over 30 countries.
Appeton Product Line: Safe, Dependable, Quality
Health for Life: The Appeton Product Line
One of Kotra Pharma’s earliest and most successful brands is Appeton, a product line of 21 different healthcare neutraceuticals. Appeton offers consumers safe, high-quality supplements for all life stages, including expectant mothers, children, working adults and seniors. Appeton has been certified as halal since 2009.
Products marketed under the Appeton brand include:
- Appeton Multivitamin Lysine – helps to improve appetite and digestion for overall healthy growth;
- Appeton Essentials Folic Acid – supports the healthy development of the unborn child from the moment of conception;
- Appeton Weight Gain – for safe, healthy weight gain;
- Appeton Wellness 60+ – the first clinically proven food product for seniors, to improve nutritional status in the elderly;
- Appeton Appekidz – a growing-up formula for children above one year of age, enhancing the immune system and neurological development
Flagship Prescription Drugs & Innovative Medical Devices
Kotra Pharma also manufactures prescribed products under the AXCEL and VAXCEL brands. AXCEL was launched in 1997 and includes speciality products for paediatric care, anti-infective treatment and dermatological conditions.
The VAXCEL line was launched in 2002, and consists of sterile injectable antibiotics, eye drops and gel for the treatment or prevention of different medical ailments. Examples are:
- VAXCEL Heparin Sodium – an anti-coagulant used to prevent harmful clots from forming in blood vessels;
- VAXCEL Ceftriaxone – used to treat bacterial infections in many parts of the body, and for pre-surgical administration to prevent infection.
Pioneering the first production of Pre-filled Syringe (PFS) and Metered Dosage Inhaler (MDI) devices in Malaysia, Kotra Pharma’s R&D arm is constantly focused on new product innovation, market feasibility assessment and, reportedly rare for an Asian pharmaceutical company, conducting clinical trials.
A Digital Marketing Leader
In 2017, in line with corporate digitalisation strategy, Kotra Pharma marketing units established BigLink, a mobile phone-based card-less loyalty programme that allows participants to collect points (“eRM”) digitally. The application is available for free on Google Play and the App Store. Users are able to earn eRM points each time purchase of Appeton products is made from a retail store. Accumulated points can be then redeemed for rewards, gifts or cash rebates.
KOTRA PHARMA (M) SDN BHD
No. 1, 2 & 3, Jalan TTC 12, Cheng Industrial Estate, 75250 Melaka, Malaysia
Tel: +606-3362 222
Fax: +606-3366 122
Contact: Mr Jimmy Piong